Thursday, February 16, 2017


Project 4: Reach


...first impressions.

When you first go to San Francisco, whether you go to the Financial District or the Marina, the buildings tower over you. Their monumental facades are intimidating. But that is not the real San Francisco. The real city rumbles in The Mission district, or the Richmond, or the Sunset, where appearances are stripped down and where the living happens.

It was important for me to reach the heart of San Francisco. Ever since I first came to California I had felt an invincible desire to come back. It was a long two years before I had the chance to do so, overcoming many obstacles. No one encouraged me to come and no one believed that the decision would make me happy. But I did it anyway. And I am sure that I will come back every time I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment